You Can't Reheat Some Foods Under Any Circumstances
Is it safe to microwave your food? Let's imagine you went out to dinner last night. Chances are you brought home the leftovers and they’re sitting in your fridge right now. But before you break out the styrofoam carton, pop it in the microwave, and chow down, you should know that there are some foods that actually turn poisonous when reheated!
No matter how tasty and healthy your freshly prepared meal is, it can lose its health benefits and even cause food poisoning if you reheat it in a microwave. Bright Side introduces to you a list of foods that you should eat as soon as they’re cooked.
SUMMARY: - Whether they’re in a soup or stir-fry, reheating mushrooms in the microwave or on the stove is a big no-no. The change in composition can cause you to have an upset stomach, and they also lose their health benefits. - Similarly to mushrooms, eggs are packed with protein that changes once it’s reheated. This can wreak havoc on your digestive system. In fact, eggs can become toxic when exposed to a microwave’s high temperatures. - Even if the rice is cooked, boiling water won’t kill the bacteria. After the rice cools off to room temperature, its bacteria spores can multiply, and reheating it just keeps the bacteria alive. The longer it sat at room temperature, the more likely it is to contain harmful bacteria. - When it’s time to reheat the breast milk, you should never heat it in a microwave because the uneven distribution of heat can create hot spots in the milk, which can seriously burn the poor baby who drinks it. - Just like mushrooms, reheating chicken can change the food’s protein compounds and make you very sick. Unlike other meat (like beef), chicken contains a high amount of protein, which makes reheating it in the microwave a bad idea. - If you place cooked potatoes directly into the fridge after cooking them, it’s probably safe to reheat them. However, if they sit out at room temperature for a while after they’re prepared, they’re more likely to develop a rare bacteria known as botulism. - While nitrites are dangerous for adults, they’re incredibly dangerous for infants from 0 to 6 months. If they do ingest food with nitrites, they are more likely to develop “blue baby syndrome,” which can be fatal. - Before you stick a leftover sandwich in the microwave, don’t forget to remove any toothpicks the restaurant may have stuck in there! Along with items with sharp tips, metal is a big no-no when it comes to microwave cooking.