10. Creature in a Diamond Mine In 2016, miners in Siberia found something truly bizarre while they were digging in the sand. Described by some as a mummified demon spawn, it’s not entirely clear what creature it is. With the age of the region, could it be a dinosaur?
9. Megalithic Monuments Deep within the Caucasus mountains of Russia, near Sochi, are thousands of strange structures that archaeologists are still struggling to understand, despite having been there for up to 25,000 years.
8. Giant Craters These next discoveries have only just started to appear in recent years, and are thought to be some of the first noticeable signs that global warming is having a damaging impact on world, starting with the Russian landscape.
7. Dyatlov Pass Incident In 1959, mountain rescuers found what would become an enduring mystery in Russia, known as the Dyatlov Pass incident. A few weeks earlier, 9 ski hikers had gone missing while on a trip to reach the Otorten mountain- a route that was, at the time, classified as a category 3- the most difficult.
6. Volgograd Discs In 2015, when a group of UFO hunters began excavating a site in the Volgograd region, not even they could have expected to find something so bizarre. In the ground were more than a dozen stone discs.
5. Arkaim In 1987 an archaeological team, from the University of Chelyabinsk, uncovered an ancient fortress that dated back to about 2 or 3 thousand years ago. It’s called Arkaim, and is often referred to as the Russian Stonehenge- possibly even pre-dating the structure built by the druids in England.
4. Ancient Flying Saucer In 2015 there was another discovery of a mysterious disc, this time in the Kuznetsk Basin in Siberia. Lots of strange activity and alien discs in Russia!! It’s a region known for coal deposits and, during an excavation more than 130 feet underground, they found this flying saucer-shaped rock.
3. Creature Near Power Plant This next discovery is the real life version of one of the most famous Simpsons episodes, but far more bizarre than a 3-eyed-fish. In 2015, two residents of Sosnovy Bor were walking along the local river, and found this bizarre body floating in the water.
2. Ancient Microchip Computer chips are a relatively recent invention, right? Well this bizarre discovery has got some people thinking that they aren’t as new as we thought. A fisherman in the Krasnodar region found this peculiar rock and, on it, there appears to be some form of ancient technology that resembles today’s microchips.
Origins Explained is the place to be to find all the answers to your questions, from mysterious events and unsolved mysteries to everything there is to know about the world and its amazing animals!