There are more than 200 countries in the world, and we’re sure you’ve heard of each of them at least once. However, there are territories we never knew existed. They occupy a super small area, and some of them are inhabited by just a couple of families.
For example, one of the smallest countries in the world is a micronation founded by Kevin Baugh, located in Nevada, USA. Its population consists of Mr. Baugh himself, his family, three dogs, one cat, and one rabbit.
Molossia has its own national anthem, national emblem, and the national flag. They even have the death penalty for particularly serious crimes. It issues its own passports and even has a space program. In May 2017, the Republic turned 40 years old.
TIMESTAMPS (Top Smallest Countries) 10. Palau 0:41 9. Niue 1:30 8. Saint Kitts and Nevis 2:15 7. The Principality of Hutt River 3:02 6. Tuvalu 3:50 5. Nauru 4:27 4. The Principality of Seborga 5:12 3. Sovereign Military Order of Malta 5:54 2. The Principality of Sealand 6:52 1. The Republic of Molossia 7:26
SUMMARY - Palau Populaion: 21, 347 people The Republic of Palau is an island country which consists of more than 300 islands of different sizes.
- Niue Population: 1,190 people Niue is a tiny island state in Oceania. Despite the amazing views, tourism is not popular there.
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Population: 52,329 people The state consists of two islands: Saint Kitts and Nevis. One of the main sources of income is the economic citizenship program that allows anyone who has at least $250,000 to invest in the local sugar industry.
- The Principality of Hutt River Population: 30 people The Principality of Hutt River is a micronation located in the province of the same name in Australia. It was founded by Leonard Casley, who declared his farm to be a new and independent state.
- Tuvalu Population: 10,959 people Tuvalu is one of the smallest and poorest countries in the world. The economic situation of the tiny state could be even more disastrous if Tuvalu hadn’t been given the Internet domain .tv.
- Nauru Population: 9,591 people Nauru is the smallest independent republic and the smallest island state on our planet. Nauru has neither an official capital nor public transportation system, and 25 miles of its roads are used by locals driving their private vehicles.
- The Principality of Seborga Population: 312 people This micronation on the territory of Italy is ruled by His Tremendousness Marcello I.
- Sovereign Military Order of Malta Population: 113,500 people Apart from Vatican City, there is another tiny state on the territory of Rome, which is called the Sovereign Military Order of Malta. Its area is 0.012 sq. km., and it occupies three buildings.
- The Principality of Sealand Population: 27 people The unrecognized state of Sealand is a sea platform located 6 miles away from the coast of Great Britain. Sealand is governed by a self-proclaimed Prince Regent.
- The Republic of Molossia Population: 7 people The self-proclaimed Republic of Molossia is a micronation founded by Kevin Baugh, located in Nevada, USA. Its population consists of Mr. Baugh himself, his family, three dogs, one cat, and one rabbit.
Which country or countries would you like to visit and why? Share your thoughts in the comments!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- For more videos and articles visit: http://www.brightside.me/
Top 10 Poorest Countries in Europe | 2018. Top 20 Countries by Population (1950 to 2100) - The Most Populous Countries in The World. Unknown Countries In Africa! Richest Country Comparison. 9 TRICKY RIDDLES THAT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND. Top 10 Richest Families In The World. 14 Awesome Beds You Won't Believe Exist. 10 Driving Hacks That'll Make You Spend Less On Gas. FRIENDS VS. BEST FRIENDS. How to Choose the Perfect Dog Breed Just for You.